We are delighted that you are considering our school for your child.
We have places for children in our morning session (08.45am – 11.45am) and in the afternoon session (12.15pm – 3.15pm) as well as 30 hour places (08.45am till 3.15pm) for those children eligible for the code.
Admission to Darell Nursery
Our provision is for 3 and 4 year olds and children are admitted in September or January of each year. Priority is given to siblings of children in the school, and then proximity to the school.
The school keeps a waiting list of applicants for Nursery places and children’s names can be added from the age of 2 years. To apply, follow this link http://darellnew.ovw2.devwebsite.co.uk/form/?pid=21&form=25
Applications must be received at the school office by Friday, 5th March 2023 for a place in September 2023. Offers of places will be made on Friday, 5th May 2023.
All successful applications for a place will then be sent the school’s admissions form which must be completed and returned, accompanied by a copy of your child’s birth certificate and proof of address; this should ideally be a council tax bill or a utility bill.
Is my child ready for Nursery?
- Are they used to leaving you?
- Can they use the toilet by themselves?
- Are they learning to put on their jumpers, coats and shoes?
- Are they happy in the company of other children their age?
If you have any concerns about the above, you may:
- Contact your Health Visitor
- Speak to one of the Darell Nursery team
If you have questions about specific educational needs, please contact the school office and ask to speak to the Inclusion Manager
We strongly advise that your child has frequent visits to parks, playgrounds, the library and playgroups to help prepare them for nursery.
Want to know more?
If you would like to find out more about the Nursery please contact the office and speak to Laura or Alice to arrange a visit.
Telephone: 0208 876 6721
30 hours provision
Parents can check whether they could be eligible for 30 hours via Childcare Choices at:
or the Childcare Calculator at:
For a more detailed guide to the 30 hours eligibility criteria see:
Parents will be able to apply for both 30 hours and Tax-Free Childcare at the same time by entering their details once. Parents’ eligibility for both schemes will be checked by HMRC at the same time.
To apply for 30 hours provision please follow this link https://childcare-support.tax.service.gov.uk/par/app/applynow
For our Reception 2023 intake we are admitting 30 pupils. Deadline for admission applications into Reception for next September is January 15th 2023.
If you would like a tour with our headteacher Joe Porter please contact the school office on 0208 876 6721 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Start or transfer||Date of birth|
|Start Reception September 2027||1/9/2022 - 31/8/2023|
|Start Reception September 2026||1/9/2021 - 31/8/2022|
|Start Reception September 2025||1/9/2020 - 31/8/2021|
|Start Reception September 2024||1/9/2019 - 31/8/2020|
If we are oversubscribed (our maximum intake is 60 places), the London Borough of Richmond Admissions Section will allocate places using the following criteria. These are listed in priority order:
- Looked After Children who are currently in public Care and previously Looked After Children who have left Care due to adoption, special guardianship or child arrangements order.
- Children who have an exceptional medical, social or educational need that requires their attendance at a particular school.
- Children who have siblings already attending the school.
- Children of staff working directly for Darell Primary and Nursery School for at least two years.
- Children living closest to Darell Primary and Nursery School.
Please click this link to view determined admissions arrangements for 2022/2023 for
Richmond's community schools and the co-ordinated schemes for Secondary and Primary admissions for all maintained, free and academy schools in Richmond.
Complete a school registration form (available from the school office) to ensure that you are on the school’s database.
Closing dates for primary applications is 15th January 2023 and 31 October 2022 for secondary transfer.
In-year applications to Darell school must be made using Richmond’s In Year Application Form available from Richmond School Admissions on tel 020 8891 7514 or by email email@example.com to request a copy or download a copy from the Richmond website at www.richmond.gov.uk
Please clink on this link to view how primary places were offered at community primary, junior and infant schools.
You are warmly invited to visit the school and see us at work and the facilities we have to offer. Please telephone the school to make an appointment for a tour with the headteacher Joe Porter.
We look forward to meeting you.
Admissions of pupils with SEND are considered on the same basis as those without SEND. The School Admissions Code of Practice requires children and young people with SEN to be treated fairly. Admissions authorities:
- must consider applications from parents of children who have SEN but do not have an EHC plan on the basis of the school’s published admissions criteria as part of normal admissions procedures
- must not refuse to admit a child who has SEN but does not have an EHC plan because they do not feel able to cater for those needs
- must not refuse to admit a child on the grounds that they do not have an EHC plan’
The admission arrangements for pupils without an EHCP must not discriminate against or disadvantage disabled children or those with special educational needs and must follow the local authority school admissions procedures.
School admission appeals
If your child has been refused a place at one of your preferred primary or secondary schools, you may appeal the decision of the admissions authority. Your reasons for appealing will then be considered by an independent panel.
Please follow the link for more information: